EL PASO, Texas – The Price’s Creameries Sun Bowl Punt, Pass & Kick presented by the City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department is set for Oct. 20 at 5 p.m. (MT) in Sun Bowl Stadium on the campus of UTEP.
Those interested in participating in the event should show up to the Sun Bowl Stadium by 4:30 p.m. to register. All participants are to bring their birth certificated to the stadium and no cleats are allowed during the competition. If there are any questions or concerns about the competition please call Andrea Schiechl of El Paso Parks and Recreation at 915-351-1320.
NFL PP&K, the oldest grassroots initiative of the NFL, continues to reach children ages 6-15 and allows them to experience the fun of learning football fundamentals in an engaging and supportive non-contact environment.
• The competition is open to all boys and girls ages 6 -15. Boys and girls compete separately. The five age classifications are based upon the child’s age as of December 31 of the current year.
• There is no charge to participate in the NFL PUNT, PASS & KICK program.
• All participants must show proof of age at all levels of competition. Failure to provide a birth certificate or religious document (such as a baptismal record) will result in that participant being ineligible to compete.
• Participants may register and compete in only one Local Competition. Competing in more than one Local Competition will result in the automatic disqualification of that participant.
• Participants must be present at the scheduled starting time in order to compete. Failure to do so may result in ineligibility.
• Please be sure to check with your state Athletic Association to ensure that your participation in PPK will not affect your eligibility to take part in any other sports during the school year.
2015 Age Verification Chart (as of December 31, 2015 as of 11:59pm local time)
• If you were born in: You’re in group:
• 2009 & 2008 age 6/7
• 2007 & 2006 age 8/9
• 2005 & 2004 age 10/11
• 2003 & 2002 age 12/13
• 2001 & 2000 age 14/15
• No football shoes, turf shoes, cleats or bare feet are allowed. Only soft-sole gym shoes are permitted. Failure to wear gym shoes results in the disqualification of the participant.
• All equipment, other than shoes, needed for the competition, will be provided.
• Participants who are 6-7 use a WILSON PEEWEE football. 8-9 and 10-11 participants use a WILSON JUNIOR football. Participants who are 12-15 use a WILSON INTERMEDIATE football.